The Southwest Initiative Foundation is offering a round of capacity building grants to support the vitality of 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations directly serving our southwest Minnesota people and communities. These capacity building activities are intended to support the nonprofit’s ability to carry out its work as it navigates beyond COVID-19.
Request for Proposals: COVID-19 Recovery Nonprofit Capacity Grants
Applications accepted through June 4, 2021
Areas of Focus
• Mission, Vision and Strategy – Activities to strengthen the core planning of an organization in line with its overall purpose. Examples include strategic planning and program evaluation.
• Governance and Leadership – Activities geared toward strengthening equity, fostering leadership and governance. Examples include cultural competency development,
succession planning or board training.
• Resource Development – Activities designed to ensure financial stability. Examples include business or financial planning, marketing or fundraising strategy development.
• Internal Operations and Management – Activities contributing to a strong and sound core infrastructure. Examples include staff development, analysis of racially equitable practices or infrastructure including technology. Major capital expenses are excluded.
• Assistance with Core Operations – Filling revenue gaps created by COVID-19’s disruption. Sustainability must be identified.
Funding requests of up to $5,000 will be considered. The expectation is that the project will be completed within 12 months of the grant award date.
This is a competitive grant program. These funds are dedicated to strengthening the fabric of our regional nonprofits. Grants will be awarded in an ongoing manner until available funds have been depleted.
Questions can be directed to: