SMAC Grant Changes for Fiscal Year 2023

by SMAC
Changes to SW MN Arts Council
grant programs for Fiscal Year 2023
(July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023)
including deadlines, start dates, and webinar dates
More flexibility & funding in grants for schools
  • Arts in the Schools requests are no longer limited to specific project types.
  • All Arts in the Schools projects may request up to $4,000. (Previously, certain project types were limited to smaller amounts.)
  • If a school is putting on a community project, they may apply under Art Project grants. Likewise, community education may apply under Arts in the Schools for school activities and Art Projects for community activities.
New grants for artists
  • Artist Growth Grants
  • Up to $4,000 to artists at any career stage for projects that will advance their skills and artistic career. 2 deadlines per year.
  • Advanced Artist Fellowships
  • Up to $7,000 in project funds to established advanced artists who exhibit creative excellence, a substantial body of work, and significant recognition of their artistic accomplishments. One deadline, two fellowships awarded per year.
The following programs will be discontinued:
  • Individual Artist: Emerging & Established Career Artists
  • Individual Artist: Community Collaboration
Cash match requirement remains suspended
For Fiscal Year 2023, no cash match will be required of organization applicants in any grant program.
Update to grant payment schedule
Starting with grants awarded in Fiscal Year 2023, all grants will be paid out in full (100%) at the beginning of the grantee’s grant period. (Previously, grants were paid out 80% at the beginning of the project, with the remaining 20% paid after the project and final report were completed.)
including deadlines, start dates, and webinar dates
If you have questions about any of these changes, please contact our grants administrator, Caroline. You can email at Caroline@swmnarts.org or schedule a meeting in-person, over-the-phone, or via Zoom: https://calendly.com/carolinekoska-smac

Leave a Comment

SMAC_GRAPHIC_white-F

Join our email list

© 2024 Southwest Minnesota Arts Council. All Rights Reserved.

This website uses cookies to improve your experience. We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. ACCEPT READ MORE

Privacy & Cookies Policy
Skip to content