View pdf with more details here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wI8-rPYr-RHp8SyHNtuWdWWBDasAsrCI/view
The 2022 ELCA Youth Gathering is currently seeking proposals for the creation of 400 communion chalice and paten sets. We invite you to prepare a proposal that includes a timeline, cost and a mockup of the design. The following request for proposal includes background information for the purpose of its use and specific requests relating to the proposal.
Every three years, more than 30,000 high school youth and their adult leaders from across the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) gather for a week of faith formation known as the ELCA Youth Gathering. Through days spent in interactive learning, worship, Bible study, service and fellowship, young people grow in faith and are challenged and inspired to live their faith in their daily lives. Minneapolis will host the next ELCA Youth Gathering, July 24 – 28, 2022. Mass Gatherings will be held in US Bank Stadium. A worship service will be held on the last day of the event where we will be utilizing the communion ware. For this to happen in a timely manner we will need a set of communion ware (one chalice, one paten) for 400 stations throughout the stadium.
2022 Gathering theme
“boundless: God beyond measure”
“I want you to know all about Christ’s love, although it is too wonderful to be measured. Then your lives will be filled with all that God is.” Ephesians 3:14-21 CEV
We are also excited by the connections this theme offers to our host city of Minneapolis and the surrounding area. Known as the “City by Nature,” Minneapolis is an earth-minded city in many ways with policies, practices and attitudes that reflect a care for creation.
Proposals must include:
1. A written and visual description of your design which interprets and incorporates the
Gathering theme. A digital rendering or physical mockup of a set (one set means one chalice and one paten) is sufficient for all proposals, however a physical mockup may be required of finalists.
2. Photos of any other large projects you have created.
3. Agreement to budget parameters.
4. A timeline to accomplish the number of sets required.
Communion ware requirements
• Communion set must be food safe (bread and wine)
• Any medium can be used as long as the item is reasonably durable. A preference will be given
to pieces made of recycled materials.
• Chalices should be no more than 15 inches high.
• Patens should be 8-8.5 inches round.
• Although each set is an individual work of art, all sets will be of similar quality and color(s) as those that were given as a sample for this proposal.
• One digital or physical mockup for this RFP and if chosen,
• Approximately 400 sets due at agreed upon increments with all completed before July 1,
Budget / payment
• Some flexibility, but approximately $35 per set
• If chosen, a contract will follow along with an agreed upon deposit upfront. Continued payments upon invoice, delivery and inspection of future inventory.
• This RFP is considered open and the artist will be chosen by creativity, incorporation of the theme and budget considerations.
• Proposals, along with mockup of one communion set, will be received through August 1,
• A decision will be made before September 1, 2021 and all parties who submitted a proposal will be notified.
Send (or arrange for in person delivery) proposals and mockup to:
Kris Bjorke, 122 West Franklin Ave. Suite 600, Minneapolis, MN 55404 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please email Kris Bjorke, Service Learning Project Manager.