Sessions in Marshall and Willmar
Minnesota Foundations 2020
Q: Which foundations should I approach to fund my nonprofit?
Q: What’s the best way to get dollars from specific foundations?
A: Join this workshop to hear well-informed, external analysis and critiques from your nonprofit peers. You’ll gain useful and nuanced answers to these persistent questions.
Join the Minnesota Council of Nonprofits for this annual exploration of the trends, staffing, program shifts, and financial outlooks of dozens of the most important Minnesota foundations. You’ll learn frank, current information about significant changes taking place in Minnesota’s foundation community.
Whether you’re an executive director, a board member involved in fundraising, or a fund development staff person, this workshop is a great way to expand and enliven your funding prospects for 2020.
Available in 11 statewide locations throughout January and early February, this event will help you:
- Build your list of foundation prospects for the coming year that fit your organization’s goals and make the best use of time and resources
- Connect to burgeoning trends in the nonprofit sector
- Uncover insider tips about what it’s like to work with various foundations
- Gain motivation to implement a robust fundraising plan
The workshop will include information about some of Minnesota’s most active private, community, and corporate foundations. This session is a time to dig beyond the grantmakers’ websites and to hear candidly from your peer grantseekers about their experiences and knowledge about working with various foundations.
The session will be divided into two sections — one focusing on statewide funders, the second focusing on region-specific funders. Participants will receive a complimentary copy of MCN’s Minnesota Grants Directory 2020
Locations and Dates (click on the link for more information)
- St. Paul – January 16, University of St. Thomas
- Rochester – January 17, Rochester Area Foundation
- Fergus Falls – January 21, West Central Initiative
- Marshall – January 21, Marshall Area YMCA
- Bemidji – January 22, Northwest Minnesota Foundation
- Fargo/Moorhead – January 23, Fargo-Moorhead Area Foundation
- Willmar – January 29, Kandiyohi County Area Family YMCA
- Sartell – February 4, Sartell Community Center
- Mankato – February 6, Blue Earth County Library