The Minnesota Council of Nonprofits is pleased to announce nominations are open for the annual Virginia McKnight Binger Unsung Hero Awards. In partnership with the McKnight Foundation, four Minnesotans, two from the Twin Cities metro and two from Greater Minnesota, will each receive $10,000 in recognition of the significant impact they have had on the state of Minnesota and its communities. Please help us spread the word!
A Virginia McKnight Binger Unsung Hero is an individual who has had a significant impact on the state of Minnesota and its communities. This individual:
- Has played a significant role in creating a positive impact on Minnesota and its communities.
- Has not been widely recognized for their work in the past.
- Nominees do not have to be employed at a nonprofit organization to be eligible, but may be volunteers, board members, or service staff of nonprofits.
- Nominees must be Minnesota residents.
- Self-nominations will not be accepted.
- Nominees may not be past Virginia McKnight Binger Unsung Hero Award or Human Services Award recipients.
Recipients will receive:
- $10,000 cash award
- Public recognition (to be determined as events and ceremonies are moved virtually due to COVID-19)