Minnesota Association of Community Theatres
MACT*Fest 2021: September 17 through September 19 in Pipestone, MN
View pdf of this press release here.
Community theatres and theatre enthusiasts from around the state will gather in
historic Pipestone, Minnesota for MACT*Fest 2021. Sponsored by Minnesota
Association of Community Theatres (MACT), the theatre festival begins on Friday,
September 17 and lasts through Sunday, September 19. Calumet Players will host the
festival at Pipestone Performing Arts Center, 104 East Main Street, Pipestone,
MACT*Fest audiences will enjoy a wide variety of short plays and have the
opportunity to attend theatre workshops on topics of interest to actors, directors,
technical crews and all fans of community theatre. Audiences may attend part of the
festival or may purchase discounted ticket packages to see all seven shows, and attend
workshops and all of the parties. Tickets are now on sale at the MACT website
There will be seven theatres presenting shows at this festival:
Friday, September 17, 7:00 PM
• Ole Olson Onstage (Stillwater, MN) – O Romeos, Romeos.
• Stage and Spotlights Community Theatre (Savage, MN) – How to Host a Murder
Mystery Dinner Party (In Fifteen Simple Steps).
• Calumet Players (Pipestone, MN) – After the Flags and Band.
Saturday, September 18, 1:00 PM
• Marshall Area Stage Company (Marshall, MN) – CasaBlanche.
• Paynesville Community Theater (Paynesville, MN) – If the Shoe Fits…
Saturday, September 18, 7:00 PM:
• Mindless Mirth Productions (St. Paul) – The 3 Way.
• The Taken for Granite Players (Richmond, MN) – The Fallen Angel.
There will also be a choice of workshops on Saturday morning:
Saturday, September 18, 9:00 AM (choice of one)
• Communicating Between All Aspects of the Production – Bruce Kurtz.
• Open Forum of Tech Issues in Theater – Jerry Onik, Heartland Scenic Studio.
Saturday, September 18, 10:30 AM (choice of one):
• Learning Accents and Dialects – Nadine Purvis Schmidt.
• The Nuts and Bolts of Directing – Julianna Skluzacek.
Contact: Tom Johnson, MACT*Fest 2019 Co-Chair
Phone: (651) 645-0238
This activity is funded in part with a grant from the Southwest Minnesota
Arts Council made possible by the voters of Minnesota, thanks to a
legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.