Fergus Falls, MN
Employment Status: full-time exempt
Report to: Board of Directors
Supervise: All Gallery Staff
Position open until September 8, 2017
E-mail letter of interest, resume, and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Executive Director communicates the vision and mission of the Kaddatz Galleries to the regional arts community; directs, coordinates and monitors fundraising programs applicable to the financial needs of the gallery; and supervises the gallery staff to meet annual goals for growth and community engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicates and implements the mission and purpose for the Kaddatz Galleries and consistently works with the board of directors, staff and local arts community to accomplish organizational goals.
- Directs fundraising activities to accomplish budgetary goals. Fundraising activities may include grant-writing, major gift solicitation, direct mail solicitation, membership acquisition and strengthening relationships with funders and donors.
- Directs the marketing efforts to meet goals and increase awareness of education programs, exhibits and art sales.
- Manages organizational finances.
- Works with staff to design and develop educational programs and exhibits. Develops a good working relationship with art professionals when preparing for shows, and focuses on the highest quality display and experience for visitors. Supervises the hanging of a show and consistently monitors the visual appearance of a show.
The ideal candidate will bring insight, energy and a passion for the arts while communicating and advancing the Kaddatz’s vision, value and programming to the community.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Annual and major gift fundraising experience, grant writing, or willingness to learn the basics of fundraising.
- Bachelor’s degree in art-related field and/or relevant non-profit management experience.
- Marketing and communications experience.
- Staff supervision experience.
- Competency and comfort with standard computer applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of nonprofit business operations.
Hours, compensation and benefits:
This is a full-time salaried position with starting annual salary range of $34,000-$38,000 depending on experience with 80 hours of paid time off annually and an annual professional development stipend.
The Kaddatz Galleries is an equal opportunity employer.