Need help with evaluating your SMAC-funded projects? Register today for a free SMAC-hosted workshop (available at multiple locations) and learn all about evaluation for art projects and programs. Led by Leah Goldstein Moses of The Improve Group, this workshop is focused on the why and how to do successful evaluations for arts organizations.
When we evaluate, we gain ideas to improve our services, stories to share with others, and results to use in reports. Arts programs have unique opportunities in evaluation: there are exciting arts-based methods and evaluation provides ways for different people to think about the arts. The session will be delivered in workshop style — combine presentation, interactive activities and group consulting/problem-solving.
Participants should come prepared to discuss their own evaluation needs and questions. During the workshop, you will:
- Learn about evaluation and when and why it is used
- Determine when a logic model can help you and how you create one
- Choose between different methods, such as surveys, interviews, and focus groups
- Find ways to build on your arts experience to be creative and have fun with evaluation
- Streamline evaluation tasks so they can be integrated into other work
- Find ways to use evaluation results to support your organization
Workshop dates and locations include:
April 22 – Worthington
10:00 am—2:00 pm
714 13th St, Worthington
April 22 – Marshall
Marshall-Lyon County Library
201 C St, Marshall
April 23 – Hutchinson
11:00 am-3:00 pm
Hutchinson Center for the Arts
15 Franklin St SW, Hutchinson
The free workshop includes a lunch/dinner networking opportunity. It is essential that you register by April 17 to be included in the meal count. If you are not able to attend after registering, please contact the SMAC office immediately.