Applications open for Making it Public in St. Paul
Facilitated by Candida Gonzalez
Pictured: Candida Gonzalez (right) at the Making It Public workshop in Springdale, ACO.
Join Forecast in St. Paul for two chances to take a free intensive 1-day workshop to help artists of any discipline make public art. The program will cover topics including site analysis, community engagement, permitting, and much more. Application open through 5 PM, Oct. 19.
- Applicants have a choice of two different days: Saturday, November 16 or Sunday, November 17.
- Workshops will cover topics including site analysis, community engagement, permitting, conservation, proposal preparation, project management, and project ideation.
- Participants will be paired with a mid-career artist mentor and have time during the workshop for conversation and relationship building.
- Facilitated by Candida Gonzalez from Forecast with guest artists (TBD).
- Workshops will take place at Forecast Public Art in Saint Paul
- The workshop is a product of and facilitated by Forecast Public Art with generous support by the Cultural STAR grant. It is offered at no cost to the participants.
- Artists of all media forms are welcome to participate.
- Limit 30 participants.
- Participants must be new to working in public art.
Forecast staff will notify all participants whether or not they have been accepted to participate in the workshop.