A Virtual Event, Saturday, September 26, 2020
Join the Fun!
Ahhh! It’s finally here!! Enjoy case studies & stories that showcase one artist, arts organization or school grantee from each of our 18 counties. Feature content was provided by the grantees and also gathered from their grant applications and reports. See features from:
- Public art from the City of Madison in Lac qui Parle County. Click here: https://youtu.be/dB3fPR6YeQE
- Community Art Project from Worthington Public Arts Commission from Nobles County. Click here: https://youtu.be/MHFHg6iT9Fw
- AMP (Arts & Mentoring Project) & Pipestone Performing Arts Center from Pipestone County. Click here: https://youtu.be/ABL-rH3dtho
- Community Art Project from Dakota Wicohan organization of Renville County. Click here: https://youtu.be/E57WUH645mI
- Schools Artist Residencies with Yellow Medicine East Schools. Click here: https://youtu.be/FNLnfcmW2Y8
- Visual Artists Lisa Bergh and Andrew Nordin of Kandiyohi County. Click here: https://youtu.be/0szX3Hd5GW8
- Community Art Project from Riversong Music Festival in McLeod County. Click here: https://youtu.be/ERJ9hIAC5vA
- Singer/Songwriter Lee Kanten of Ortonville for Big Stone County. Click here: https://youtu.be/451xrlGsUf8
- Community Art Projects from the City of Montevideo and Montevideo Arts Project for Chippewa County. Click here: https://youtu.be/WHZnKYMCRCg
- Community Art Project for the town of Slayton for Murray County. Click here: https://youtu.be/CIFB-fAqzKM
If you’d like to view the SMAC Slideshow for the Year in Review, click here.
Donations welcome! You can do so here:
The arts have suffered tremendously since the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic. Our arts organizations and individual artists have had to modify, postpone or cancel most, if not all of their projects and events, since March of this year. These closures mean lost income and lost opportunities. Although we will certainly see a reduction of funding from our state funding which comes from sales tax revenues, the SW MN Arts Council will continue working to support and fund arts access for the citizens of your county. We need you to help us support the arts.
Our mission is to promote the arts in the 18 county region of southwest Minnesota. We are asking you to please contribute to the Southwest Minnesota Arts and help us continue to make a difference in the arts in our region. Contributions are tax deductible. Please donate online or send your check today to Southwest Minnesota Arts Council, PO Box 55, Marshall, MN 56258.
“Spirit of the Region” Raffle Baskets
WooHoo!! Congratulations to the WINNERS of our Spirit of the Region Raffle Baskets! Baskets are at the SMAC offices in Marshall. Please contact who you bought your ticket from or SMAC to arrange a pick-up time at your convenience: firstname.lastname@example.org
Basket 1. Vitaly Durdiyev, Clarkfield
Basket 2. Chantel Connell, Luverne
Basket 3. Greg Jodzio, Hutchinson
Basket 4. Shelley Lange, Windom
Basket 5. Jon Otteson, Hutchinson
Basket 6. Sue Clarke, Slayton
Basket 7. Wanda Berry, Ortonville
Basket 8. Julie Walker/Raymie, Marshall
Basket 9. Cheryl Avenel Navara, Worthington
Basket 10. Kate Aydin, Hendricks
Basket 11. Jerry Perkins, Worthington
Basket 12. Karen Magyar, Worthington
Questions? Contact us at 800-622-5284 or email@example.com