For the third consecutive year, the Minnesota State Fair will continue the Arts A’Fair Program in 2015 by presenting a variety of performing arts experiences representing Minnesota organizations. Participating in this program allows your organization to promote your work with “Pop Up Performances” on the fairgrounds. Your act/number/vignette will be performed up to four times daily for three consecutive days. Each organization will be paid $1200 for the entire project. In addition, your organization will receive the opportunity for outreach at an educational booth space inside the Education Building and will be promoted through various means by the fair’s marketing department.
Location: Minnesota State Fairgrounds, St Paul
Date/Times: Three consecutive days from August 27 through September 7, 2015 (exact three days and performances times to be determined).
- Groups who were selected in 2013 or 2014 ARE welcome to reapply with the same material or with something new.
- Performers will have a designated outdoor performance area but should keep in mind the general atmosphere of the Fair.
- Audiences are drawn to interactive, visually bold or acoustically dynamic performances
- Approximately 1.8 million visitors attend the Minnesota State Fair each year! Expect all ages, cultures and tastes.
Requirements for Performance Participation:
- Each performance should be 10-‐15 minutes; set up/strike times should be kept to a minimum.
- For ease of execution, only minimal props can be used.
- A maximum of five performers per company.
Provided for Performers:
- Dressing room space (to be shared with other performers).
- Sound system with wireless microphones and audio playback.
- Gate admission to the fair on days of performance
- Per diem reimbursement for performers who are located outside of the Twin Cities metro area.
Organizations wishing to perform please provide:
- Your organization’s name and mailing address, as well as a contact person and his/her phone number and email address.
- A description of the entertainment act that your company wishes to submit for consideration, including props and/or wardrobe, if The application may be in the form of a written proposal (via email). You are encouraged to send photos, DVD, or video clips.
- A description of your technical requirements, such as sound, performance surface, etc.
- Performance dates that present a significant conflict for your organization (August 27 – September 7, 2015).
- Audience enjoyment (must be family-‐friendly)
- Ease of presentation at event
- Diverse representation of genres and geography
Application Deadline: April 24, 2015
The proposals will be reviewed and selections made by the Minnesota State Fair. The organizations chosen to perform will be notified no later than May 15 and issued a letter of agreement.
Please send proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minnesota State Fair – Arts A’Fair
1265 Snelling Ave N
St. Paul, MN 55108
Minnesota State Fair Mission: To educate and involve our guests by providing a world-‐class showcase that is innovative, entertaining and fun.
We strive to:
- Showcase Minnesota’s finest agriculture, art and industry.
- Present an unparalleled forum for knowledge and ideas.
- Provide outstanding customer service.
- Offer exceptional value.
- Provide a safe, clean environment that is accessible to all.
- Create unique experiences.
For general information: email@example.com
Dudley Voigt, Arts A’Fair Program Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
Shannon Buchda, Minnesota State Fair, email@example.com, (651) 288-‐4395