Application deadline: February 1, 2022
Notice of Executive Director Position (posted November 1, 2021)
The American Choral Directors Association of Minnesota (ACDA-MN), a 501 (c) (3) non profit organization, is seeking qualified applicants for the full-time position of Executive Director.
American Choral Directors Association of Minnesota (ACDA-MN)
Mission: To inspire and support a community of choral musicians in our state
Values: Artistry • Community • Excellence • Inspiration • Legacy • Renewal • Support
OVERVIEW OF ORGANIZATION
ACDA-MN, with over 600 members and in existence since 1959, is the state affiliate of the ACDA national organization. ACDA-MN sponsors two professional development conferences (Summer Dialogue and State Conference), and seven honor choirs serving over 950 auditioned students in grades 4-10 each academic year. ACDA-MN maintains a vibrant on-line communication presence with the publication/postings of the award-winning Star of the North state newsletter, Weekly Pulse membership message update, and social media platforms. The organization oversees and supports its professionally managed F. Melius Christiansen Endowment Fund, with a principal fund balance of over 1 million dollars.
RESPONSIBILITIES of Executive Director of ACDA -MN
● Serve as the chief executive and financial officer of the organization
● Manage and collaborate with a large corps of volunteer leaders serving the organization
● Produce and coordinate two annual professional development conferences and seven honor choir events
● Attend all association-sponsored meetings and activities
● Develop and maintain annual operating budgets for the association and the FMC Endowment Fund
● Manage strategies to ensure financial growth, cultivate external relationships, and expand overall contributed revenue.
● Oversee the development of organizational publications and supervise the volunteer editorial team, and produce the annual report for the F. Melius Christiansen (FMC) Endowment Fund
● In collaboration with the Executive Committee, hire and supervise independent contractors
● Maintain regular business hours, with some evenings and weekends required
● Maintain home office, association equipment, and organization archives
● Bachelor’s degree required/Master’s degree preferred
● Administrative experience in non-profit arts or education-related setting
● Large event and meeting planning experience
● Budget and financial management and development experience
● Excellent communication, writing, interpersonal, and organizational skills
● Proven public relations and management experience with the ability to empower staff and volunteer leadership
● Passion for and knowledge of Minnesota’s choral music community
● A commitment to anti-racism and experience advocating for diverse representation and equitable access
● Knowledge of MS Office, Google Suite, Quickbooks, and/or equivalent software applications
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
● Start date: July 1, 2022
● Terms: Initial two-year contract with performance review after six months.
Compensation includes a competitive base salary commensurate with experience, with additional benefits to be negotiated.
APPLICATION MUST INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING
● Letter of Application
● Career Resume
● Three letters of recommendation
● Three professional references with complete contact information
SEND COMPLETED APPLICATION TO:
ACDA-MN Search Committee
February 1, 2022
The American Choral Directors Association of Minnesota does not and shall not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, or military status.