Fellowship application portal: (opened January 8, 2024)
choose Naked Stages 2024 Fellowship Program to apply
IN-PERSON INFORMATION SESSIONS AT PILLSBURY HOUSE+THEATRE
3501 Chicago Ave S. Minneapolis
- Monday, January 12, at 10:30 am to noon
- Friday, January 22, at 1 pm to 2:30 pm
Pillsbury House + Theatre (PH+T), with support from the Jerome Foundation, seeks to provide a fellowship opportunity for early career performance artists in Minnesota. This program is designed to give artists a supportive environment for building their performance and production skills while creating a solo stage or site-specific performance piece with PH+T as the venue.
Applicants must be Minnesota residents and considered early career artists. For the purpose of this program, early career artists are those who have produced/presented their own performance work at least 2-3 times in a non-student context, and who have not been recognized as established artists. Full-time students, tenured faculty at college/universities, staff or board members of PH+T, or artists who have received direct project Support from the Jerome Foundation for performing arts projects are not eligible to apply.
SUMMARY OF COMMISSIONING AND MENTORING SUPPORT
Three (3) selected fellows will receive:
- An honorarium of $4000 to the artist(s).
- A program Director to coordinate the creative and production process with artist(s), technical staff, and director.
- An honorarium of $1200 for a Mentor/Performance Director to assist artist(s) with the development of their performance piece.
- The Mentor/Performance Director is selected by the artist in cooperation with the Program Director. The Performance Director must have experience in directing performance in a live venue.
- Critical response workshops preceding the presentation of the work, a facilitated critical response session with the audience, a post-production meeting with artistic, production and technical staff.
- Workshops in performance practice with accomplished artists.
- Promotional support, such as marketing photos, a promotional piece, and media relations.
- A budget of $1000 for artistic development and production-related expenses. A lighting designer, production manager, and stage manager will be provided for the stage performances. Artists also have access to the available lighting, sound, and audio/visual equipment inventory of PH+T.
- Access to the PH+T programs and space when available throughout the later part of the process.
- Photo and video documentation of the performances.
PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR CONTACT:
Masanari Kawahara, Director of Naked Stages program