Scholarship Application Deadline: July 15, 2019
Guidelines: Rural Arts & Culture Summit Scholarship FY20
Scholarships are available for individuals from the SW MN Arts Council region to attend the 2019 Rural Arts and Culture Summit in Grand Rapids, MN on October 3-5, 2019. Funding is made possible by the voters of Minnesota thanks to a legislative appropriation from the arts and cultural heritage fund.
Organized by Springboard for the Arts, the Summit is a practitioner-driven gathering that celebrates and expands the field of rural arts-based community development by providing a space for learning, relationship building and celebration about the role of art and creativity in building strong, healthy and resilient rural communities. For more information, visit www.ruralartsandculturesummit.com.
- *Scholarship applicants must wait to register for the Summit until their scholarships have been approved and they have received a registration code. Applicants will receive notification by August 16, 2019.
- *Scholarships include registration (up to $200) and lodging (up to two nights at $125/night), for a maximum award of $450.
- *Each person attending must apply separately; no group applications will be accepted.
- *Scholarships are non-transferable. If a recipient is not able to attend, they cannot send someone else in their place. Any costs already incurred cannot be reimbursed.
- *Receipts for registration and lodging must be turned in with a final report/reimbursement request. Final reports are due October 21, 2019. Reimbursements will be made once final reports have been received and approved.
Limited funds are available. Applications will be scored on the likely impact of the goals applicants have described, including what they hope to take back to apply to their own art and/or community and how they plan to measure their success. Equity and geographic distribution of the scholarships will also be taken into consideration.