The deadline is February 1, 2019
If you are:
* a Minnesota artist with disabilities,
* early (emerging or reemerging) in your artistic career, and
* want to create new work,
YOU are likely eligible for a $2,000 grant from VSA Minnesota!
The Jerome Foundation has been funding these annual grants since 1996, and VSA Minnesota (the state organization on arts and disability) has been privileged to administer 138 grant awards totaling $172,100 to 107 individuals, including 27 repeat winners.
2019 may be the last year of this grant in its present form, so we encourage you to apply! The deadline is February 1, 2019. Six grants of $2,000 each will be awarded to writers, performers, composers, visual or multi-media artists who create new, original work (not a performance of someone else’s song or play). Grant money can be used for whatever will help an artist create and present this new work.
What do you submit?
* samples of your recent work (up to 10 images of visual artwork, or 15 pages of writing, or 8 minutes of audio/video),
* an artistic resume,
* a list of exhibits, publications or other artistic accomplishments,
* a brief “artist’s statement” of your approach to your art,
* a narrative of a project you want to do, and
* a budget for your project (supplies, class, mentor, computer, camera, studio rental, paying yourself to research or do your art…).
In March a panel of artists and administrators will review the applications and determine the recipients. Applicants are also considered for other exhibits, publications, performances, etc.
This year’s changes in guidelines are that NO previous grant recipients are eligible, and applicants must say what they wish to pursue in their new artwork/writing/etc.
The guidelines are available at http://vsamn.org/artists-disabilities/emerging-artist-grant/ or can be mailed or emailed to you. Simply contact VSA Minnesota if you have questions anywhere along your process in applying. at 612-332-3888, 800-801-3883, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
VSA Minnesota is a statewide, nonprofit organization whose mission is to create a community where people with disabilities can learn through, participate in and access the arts. The Jerome Foundation seeks to contribute to a dynamic and evolving culture by supporting the creation, development and production of new works by emerging artists.