Artist Equity Grants
Provides up to $4,000 to aid Black, Indigenous, and other artists of color with projects that will advance their skills and artistic career.
“Holistic Prairie Floral” beaded design by Autumn Cavender of Granite Falls, MN.
Dates & Deadlines for FY 2024
(July 1, 2023 – June 30, 2024)
SMAC Grants for Individuals online workshop: July 6, 2023, 5:30 to 6:30 pm.
- Request staff draft review by August 30, 2023
- Application Deadline: September 13, 2023
- Panel Review: October 10, 2023
- Board Action: October 24, 2023
- Earliest project start date: November 1, 2023
- Request staff draft review by February 14, 2024
- Application Deadline: February 28, 2024
- Panel Review: March 19, 2024
- Board Action: March 26, 2024
- Earliest project start date: April 1, 2024
How to Apply
Applicants may fill out and submit their application in several ways:
- through our online grant system
- in a Word document (see materials below), submitted by email to email@example.com, along with required attachments
- on paper with required attachments, submitted by mail (PO Box 55, Marshall, MN 56258) or contact us to arrange drop-off.
Contact us to request a paper application: firstname.lastname@example.org, 800-622-5284.
Have questions or need help?
SW MN Arts Council grants administrator Caroline Koska is available to meet with you by phone, web conference or in person in Marshall to answer your questions on grant eligibility and using the application system or to review a draft of your application.