Grant Panelist Orientation
If you’re a new grant panelist, these orientation materials will walk you through everything you need to know as you prepare to serve on a grant panel — from how to use the online grant system, to what to look for as you’re reading an application, to what to expect during panel discussion.
If you’re a returning panelist, the orientation will be a good refresher for you, and it includes updated information as well.
Read or watch any or all of the segments, but if your time is limited we suggest you at least check out Part 3: Guidelines, Criteria, & Process for the grant program you will be reviewing.
SMAC & its Funding Sources: Text Video
SMAC’s Grant Programs: Text
Guidelines, Criteria, & Process
Guidelines documents include information about:
- grant program intent and eligibility
- the application process
- the grant review process, including scoring criteria
- grant contracts, distribution of funds, and reporting
For the grant workshop videos, use the chapters to find the relevant information.
- Art Project Guidelines: Text Video
- Art Legacy Project Guidelines: Text Video
- Equipment & Facilities Improvement Guidelines: Text Video
- Quick Support for Organizations Guidelines: Text Video
Schools & Youth
- Artist Growth Guidelines: Text Video
- Artist Equity Guidelines: Text Video
- Quick Support for Artists Guidelines: Text Video
- Advanced Artist Fellowship Guidelines: Text Video
Using the Grant System: Text Video
Reading & Scoring Tips: Text Video
Panel Meeting & Discussion Tips: Text Video