*Willmar: “Mysterious Orchestra” Willmar Area Symphonic Orchestra
Willmar Area Education & Arts Center (WEAC), 611 5th St SW, Willmar
611 5th St SW, Willmar, MN
(Sunday) 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Oct 15, 2023“Mysterious Orchestra” The Composer is Dead With Anton Switajewski as our detective.
Oct 15, 2023
The Composer is Dead With Anton Switajewski as our detective.
Anton is a local photographer, filmmaker, writer, and actor who has been involved with various productions at the Barn Theatre and the Little Theatre Auditorium, and has written, directed, and acted in plays at the Ridgewater College theater. Recently, his film company, Wolf Pack Pictures, premiered the film Finals Week, their first full-length production. The company currently has a YouTube page on which they post their content, mostly consisting of film shorts. Anton is also a musician, and has written and recorded five albums for his one-man project, Pangaea, and has composed music for film shorts and play productions.
ET: Adventures on Earth
Petite Suite de Concert: Nanette’s Caprice
Doors open at 2:00 PM with Mystery Activities for all ages:
2:00-2:50 Art Gallery
- Come meet Clue characters (Professor Plum, Miss Scarlet, Colonel Mustard, Mrs. White, Mr. Green, and Mrs. Peacock) and try out your sleuthing skills with them! They will help you crack codes with cipher wheels, unlock puzzle boxes for clues, and decode secret messages in your attempt to uncover their mystery composers! All super sleuths that try to solve the mystery composers will be put into a drawing for a laser-cut, wooden decoder wheel!
- Explore mystery activity tables where you can make your own decoder wheel, write messages with invisible ink, and investigate fingerprints!
- Register for door prizes (Look for the balloon!)
… Four tickets to the Escape Room in Alexandria! (over $100 value and open to everyone)
… Classroom pack of 28 Invisible Ink Pens with UV lights for lucky winner! (K-6 students.
- 3:00-4:00 “Mysterious Orchestra” Concert in Auditorium
- “The Composer is Dead!”—a humorous “whodunit” piece by Lemony Snicket & Nathaniel Stookey, narrated by Anton Switajewski.
- Kids, come dressed as your favorite detective and parade across the stage to “The Pink Panther” theme!
- “Adventures on Earth” from E.T. by John Williams
- “Petite Suite de Concert: Nanette’s Caprice” by Samuel Coleridge-Taylor
- Door prize drawings
- 4:00-4:45 Stage and Green Room
- Instrument Petting Zoo to explore the fun of trying string and percussion instruments with
- Photo Op with Clue Characters!
- “This activity is funded, in part, by a grant from the Southwest Minnesota Arts Council through an appropriation from the MN State Legislature with money from the State’s general fund.”