|You are invited to join in with Southwest Minnesota Arts Council to celebrate the Arts and Artists of our 18 county region at our annual celebration.
Join the Southwest MN Arts Council for an “ARTS DAY IN WINDOM” starting from 2:00 until 4:00pm experience art and visit artists at:
- Cottonwood County History Center, 812 Fourth Ave
* Anita Skow, painting – pastels
* Mary Christenson, painting – portraits
* Marget Floyd, painting – nature
- Remick Gallery (same address as above)
* Haley Rothstein, multi-media
* Shelley Cords-Swanson, fiber
* Laura Nerness, photography & painting
* “Unsung Songwriters”, music
* Ethan Clerc, film (shown in auditorium consecutively)
* Building Tours featuring SMAC-granted equipment/facilities improvements
- David Strom Studio, 2025 Cottonwood Lake Drive
* Visit with painter David Strom at his private home studio and see his works in progress
Social Hour begins at 4:00pm at RIVER CITY EATERY, a new American eatery in beautiful downtown Windom. At 5pm SMAC will host a brief annual meeting, an award ceremony for 2017 SMAC Prairie Disciple Andy Kahmann, recognition of Greta Murray’s years of service, and you will have the opportunity to purchase raffle tickets for our annual “Spirit of the Region” raffle.
Stick around to enjoy a delicious build your own pasta dinner complete with salad bar, mini bread bar and ‘Sin Pie’ for dessert all served by River City Eatery.
During dinner enjoy the musical talents of “Kindred Spirits” a trio from the Marshall/Ghent area featuring Peter Lothringer (guitar), Emily Hoffman (vocals) and Darwin Dyce (flute, trumpet, drums).
Socialize and celebrate with artists and arts supporters across the Southwest Minnesota region and learn about the grants and activities SMAC has funded in the past year.
Click on the link below to register!