07nov2:00 pm5:30 pmMarshall: Pinkalicious the Musical2:00 pm - 5:30 pm Fine Arts Theatre at SMSU, 1501 State St, Marshall, MN
SMSU Theatre Opens Season with Pinkalicious The Musical Marshall, Minn. — SMSU Theatre’s 54th season opens with Pinkalicious The Musical by Elizabeth Kann, Victoria Kann, and John Gregor. Performances are October
SMSU Theatre Opens Season with Pinkalicious The Musical
Marshall, Minn. — SMSU Theatre’s 54th season opens with Pinkalicious The Musical by Elizabeth Kann, Victoria Kann, and John Gregor. Performances are October 28-30 and November 5-6, 2021 at 7:30 p.m. and October 30-31 and November 6-7 at 2:00 pm. All performances are in the SMSU Fine Arts Theatre, with free parking available in lot B-1. Tickets are $10 and are available at www.SMSUtickets.com and at the door. All performances are free to SMSU students with a valid student ID. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 situation, all students, faculty, staff, and visitors are currently required to wear a mask in all public indoor spaces on the SMSU campus, including in the theatre during the performance.
In this musical based on the popular children’s book, Pinkalicious Pinkerton ignores her parents’ warnings and eats so many pink cupcakes that she turns pink from head to toe! The doctor orders Pinkalicious to eat only green foods to cure her Pinkititis, but she just can’t resist one more cupcake! Will her little brother Peter help Pinkalicious find her true colors? What will Pinkalicious and her family learn from this wild experience? Come see this bright, fun, family-friendly musical and find out!
PInkalicious The Musical is directed by Professor Sheila Tabaka of Marshall, who is also the costume designer. Assistant professor Tetta Askeland of Marshall is the scenic and lighting designer. Jim Tabaka of Marshall is the orchestrator, music and vocal director, and sound designer. Avianna McFarquhar, a senior Theatre Arts and Management-Entrepreneurship double major from Marshall is the stage manager and choreographer. Professor Nadine Purvis Schmidt of Estelline, S.D. is the producer. The cast and production team includes:
· Tailer Benson, a junior Theatre Arts and Communication Studies double major from Elk River, Minn., as Pinkalicious.
· Colton Jensen, a junior Theatre Arts major and Political Science minor from Sanborn, Minn., as Peter.
· Makayla Kennedy, a freshman Early Childhood Education major from Stewartville, Minn., as Dr. Wink.
· Joy Krosschell, a senior Psychology major and Management minor from Wells, Minn., as Bee and Cupcake #1.
· Domonique McPhail, a junior Theatre Arts major from Murdock, Minn., as Alison.
· Nijie Nauden, a junior Biology major from Chicago, Ill., as a member of the Ensemble.
· Jasper Ojasope, a junior Theatre Arts major from Nigeria, as a member of the Ensemble.
· Sidney Pitzl, a senior Graphic Design major and Marketing minor from Wabasso, Minn., as Mrs. Pinkerton.
· Dimitri Richard, a freshman Theatre Arts major and Creative Writing minor from Randall, Minn., as Mr. Pinkerton
· TJ (Mary) Tjeerdsma, a junior Broadcast & Digital Media major, Acting and Directing minor from Cherokee, Iowa, as Bird #1, Ensemble, and the assistant stage manager.
· Brady Berg, a senior Theatre Arts major from Wells, Minn., is the magic creator.
· Noah Dunn, a freshman Chemistry Education major and Middle School Science minor from Marshall is the assistant lighting designer.
· Molly Green, a junior Theatre Arts major and Criminal Justice minor from Silver Lake, Minn., is the assistant props manager.
· Hayden Molva, a sophomore Broadcast & Digital Media major from Norwood-Young America, Minn., is the assistant director.
· Sara Karpen, a junior Professional Writing and Communication major from Tea, S.D., is the house manager.
Pinkalicious The Musical is presented through special arrangement with and all authorized performance materials are supplied by Theatrical Rights Worldwide, 1180 Avenue of the Americas, Suite 640, New York, NY 10036, www.theatricalrights.com.
(Sunday) 2:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Fine Arts Theatre at SMSU, 1501 State St, Marshall, MN
No Comments Yet.