Dassel: Auditions for "Bloody Murder"
Dassel History Center & Ergot Museum, 901 1st St N, Dassel, MN 55325, USA
901 1st St N, Dassel, MN 55325, USA
(Tuesday) 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Auditions for “Bloody Murder” OPEN AUDITIONS FOR BLOODY MURDER BY ED SALA, DIRECTED BY TOM NELSON, WILL BE HELD AT THE DASSEL HISTORY CENTER ON SATURDAY AUGUST 19,
Auditions for “Bloody Murder”
OPEN AUDITIONS FOR BLOODY MURDER BY ED SALA, DIRECTED BY TOM NELSON, WILL BE HELD AT THE DASSEL HISTORY CENTER ON SATURDAY AUGUST 19, AT 10 AM AND TUESDAY AUGUST 22, AT 7 PM.
Auditions will be done with cold readings from the script.
This mystery/comedy may be performed with 6, 8, or 12 actors. Each version requires an equal number of women and men. In the six and eight actor versions, several actors play more than one role. The most prominent characters are:
1) Lady Somerset – In her 70’s. A woman of great wealth and social standing.
2) Jane – In her 60’s. Lady Somerset’s maid and head of staff.
3) Emma Reese – Late 20s. The far-too-innocent ingenue.
4) The Countess – Late 30s, quite strikingly well preserved. The mystery woman.
5) The Major – Late 60s. Served with the military in India and constantly reminds everyone of it.
6) Devon Tremaine – Late 40s to early 50s. Formerly great tragic actor, now decking because of his fondness for single-malt Scotch.
7) Charles – Late 30s to early 40s. Her Ladyship’s worthless nephew.
8) Chief Inspector Phelps – Forties or 50s. The dim-witted policeman.
They are all stereotypes and meant to be so. The director would prefer to cast as many folks as possible for this production (maximum of 12).
Performance dates are October 13-15 and 20-22.